Beckers Industrial Coatings has recently joined a group of forward-looking manufacturers who are adopting a centralized monitor and control (SCADA) system including MES functionality for improving their efficiency and productivity. The SCADA system is based on the new AVEVA Intouch OMI technology platform, delivered by Roima.
Beckers Group aims to be the most sustainable coatings company in the world. To reach that vision with a good profitability, we need automation, automation and more automation. A long-term partnership with the best in class was crucial for this journey and, therefore, we selected Roima as our travel companion.
Tomas Gunnarsson, Project Manager at Beckers Industrial Coatings
The SCADA solution based on AVEVA software enables data collection for analysis and provides versatile tools for a centralized overview of the production process. At Beckers, the AVEVA SCADA system will enable digital scalability, the standardization of automation processes for reuse within Beckers Group, and the use of a modern user interface for operator interaction. With AVEVA SCADA, you get warnings and alarms of critical process states, enabling you to take early corrective actions.
- Operator situational awareness for faster problem identification
- Effective visualization for maximized uptime and accelerated alarm recognition
- Standardization and reusability to reduce repetitive engineering efforts
- Streamlined user experience: never re-engineer graphics again; build once, deploy anywhere
- Context-driven apps providing greater situational awareness with integrated apps/analytics/KPIs
- High-performance Historization and analytics tools of process data